RF Signal Processing Engineer
We are seeking a talented, well-rounded and motivated RF Signal Processing Engineer who will join our diverse engineering team to develop drone detection, tracking, identification, and counter-measure solutions. The ideal candidate will share our passion for design excellence, will have hands-on experience developing, producing, and testing RF/wireless communications hardware, and have effective communication skills. This person is comfortable in a small-team startup environment and can work collaboratively and cross-functionally to rapidly develop and scale high-quality products.
- Develop and deploy algorithms and methods for signal detection, classification, and identification
- Work with R&D to develop innovative RF signal detection / mitigation techniques
- Migrate existing x86 software to FPGAs when performance requires
- Conceptualize, design, implement and test RF subsystems to support Software Defined Radio (SDR) based transmitter and receiver solutions.
- Direct performance characterization, and production validation and verification testing
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional hardware and software teams to develop and maintain a cohesive and productive team environment
- B.S. from an accredited institution in EE or a similar field, M.S. a plus.
- 6+ years’ experience in RF signal processing, signals intelligence, protocol analysis and RF system design.
- Fluent with hardware and software design, instrumentation, and measurement tools and equipment used throughout the RF and EE hardware design industries
- Experience with SDRs, cascaded RF systems analysis and a broad range of radio architectures and components
- Exceptional understanding of modern wireless telecommunications protocols and signal processing
- Experience with Xilinx Zynq FPGAs, AD9361 and other common RF chipsets
- Experience in small-team, startup-level environments. Well-organized, flexible, and an excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Must be eligible to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) access requirements
Nice to Have Skills
- Drone industry knowledge / Part 107 License
- Self-starter that will find innovate solutions to complex problems
- All-in-one RF guy – Signal Processing, FPGA Dev, System Design, SigINT
- RF system performance analysis (link budget, signal propagation, etc.…)
- Competitive salary offered
- Company stock options
- 401K with 4% Matching or Roth IRA options
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life, and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
Ideally located in San Luis Obispo or Los Angeles, California area, but open to fully remote positions.
WhiteFox, a drone airspace security company, is pioneering the safe integration of drones into society. WhiteFox develops products that save lives, protect property, and safeguard privacy.
WhiteFox started as a drone manufacturer—we’re enthusiasts who want them to fly safely and legally. When we realized there were no mechanisms of enforcement to protect against their misuse, we set out to develop a solution. WhiteFox’s mission is to keep the sky open for responsible pilots and advancing drone technology for the benefit of society. We are dedicated to the design, development, testing, and validation of our unique engineering solutions to detect, track, and identify drone threats in the skies over critical environments and operations. As a member of this team, you will be in the forefront of counter-sUAS (small unmanned aerial systems) technology.
WhiteFox Defense Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals. We conduct background checks on all final candidates for the safety of our employees and the health of our company.