Front End / UI Developer – Contract or Part-time
We are seeking an experienced and talented User Interface developer to support in the design, development, test and integration of the browser based front-end interface display and control module for our DroneFox NS system and Stratus Cloud-based drone detection platform. This position is a part-time or contract role. The individual would be laying out, designing, developing, implementing and integrating screens and menus to support all aspects of system administration and operation. The selected candidate will be a key member of highly motivated engineering team continuously developing and releasing new products. Come take part in making our airspace safe!
- Be the primary user interface developer that will design, implement, test, and deploy the latest user interface and maintain existing applications
- Work with a small team to design and build applications that function across multiple platforms
- Refine UI designs to incorporate new features and capability and improve on the existing design
- Work towards a polished and highly functional user interface with a focus on usability and simplicity of design
- Collaborate with end users to determine user needs and adapt programming accordingly
- Conduct thorough testing of user interfaces in multiple platforms to ensure all designs render correctly and systems function properly, incorporating feedback from actual potential users as well as members of the design team
- Address design or usability issues that arise and anticipate potential future problems so they can be resolved before they impact users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, or similar major or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and familiarity with design of user interface systems
- Experience with ReactJS, Angular, MySQL, Nginx software and Python, HTML/CSS, and Typescript languages or other browser-based software development tools
- Experience working on a Linux system
- Highly preferred experience working with Angular and Typescript
- Must be eligible to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) access requirements
- Competitive salary offered
- Company stock options
- 401K with 4% Matching or Roth IRA options
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life, and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
Los Angeles, California or San Luis Obispo, California (willing to consider remote applicants)
WhiteFox, a drone airspace security company, is pioneering the safe integration of drones into society. WhiteFox develops products that save lives, protect property, and safeguard privacy.
WhiteFox started as a drone manufacturer—we’re enthusiasts who want them to fly safely and legally. When we realized there were no mechanisms of enforcement to protect against their misuse, we set out to develop a solution. WhiteFox’s mission is to keep the sky open for responsible pilots and advancing drone technology for the benefit of society. We are dedicated to the design, development, testing, and validation of our unique engineering solutions to detect, track, and identify drone threats in the skies over critical environment and operations. As a member of this team, you will be in the forefront of counter-sUAS (small unmanned aerial system) technology.
WhiteFox Defense Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals. We conduct background checks on all final candidates for the safety of our employees and the health of our company.