Embedded Software Engineer
We are seeking a talented and motivated Embedded Software Engineer who will join our diverse engineering team to develop drone detection, tracking, identification, and counter-measure solutions. As an Embedded Software Engineer at WhiteFox Defense, you will utilize your experience, knowledge, and engineering skills to translate technical requirements into code and productize R&D work. Our code base is primarily written in Python, Rust and C/C++. You will be able to apply your skills to design, develop, test and integrate your code and others into a robust processing system. You will function as a contributor on an agile team working to further develop and improve our products. The ideal candidate will be involved through the entire development process from conception, design, testing, manufacturing, qualification, and product release.
- Design and develop software to support a variety of system functions to include real-time embedded operations, signal processing, database operations and user interface functions
- Enhance software from R&D by making it more robust and production ready
- Verify developed software through unit testing
- Integrate developed software into the larger system
- Support system testing and troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, or similar major or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience writing code in C/C++ or Rust for embedded systems
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Python
- Software development on Linux-based systems (gcc/g++, make, cmake, etc.)
- Experience managing large code bases with many software components, libraries, and subsystems
- Experience using git (or other version control software)
- Experience writing unit tests and systems level integration testing
- Desire to learn and grow as a developer and team member
- Must be eligible to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) access requirements
Nice to Have Skills
- Drone industry knowledge / Part 107 License
- Wireless protocol experience
- Self-starter that will find innovate solutions to complex problems
- Competitive salary offered
- Company stock options
- 401K with 4% Matching or Roth IRA options
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life, and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
Ideally located in San Luis Obispo or Los Angeles, California area, but open to fully remote positions.
WhiteFox, a drone airspace security company, is pioneering the safe integration of drones into society. WhiteFox develops products that save lives, protect property, and safeguard privacy.
WhiteFox started as a drone manufacturer—we’re enthusiasts who want them to fly safely and legally. When we realized there were no mechanisms of enforcement to protect against their misuse, we set out to develop a solution. WhiteFox’s mission is to keep the sky open for responsible pilots and advancing drone technology for the benefit of society. We are dedicated to the design, development, testing, and validation of our unique engineering solutions to detect, track, and identify drone threats in the skies over critical environment and operations. As a member of this team, you will be in the forefront of counter-sUAS (small unmanned aerial system) technology.
WhiteFox Defense Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals. We conduct background checks on all final candidates for the safety of our employees and the health of our company.